Shifting the Global Narrative and Action on the Ground Toward a More Equal City
The side event will focus on the opportunities and challenges of shifting the global narrative about more equitable cities to action on the ground— specifically, more equitable access to urban services. Equity is the entry point taken by the upcoming World Resources Report (WRR) focused on cities, a flagship WRI publication.
The panel will address:
• Does improving access to services for the urban underserved improve the city for all? Panelists to share reflections and experiences.
• How can key actors enable citywide transformative change? Panelists to discuss critical roles and enabling conditions.
• Tri Rismaharini, Mayor of Surabaya, Indonesia
• Rose Molokoane, Shack / Slum Dwellers International (SDI)
• Joseph D’ Cruz, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
• David Dodman, Human Settlements Group (IIED)
• Ajay Suri, Cities Alliance
• George Soraya, World Bank, Jakarta
• Rubbina Karruna, UK Department for International Development (DFID)