Prof. Luis Antonio Lindau, Ph.D., is the President and Director of WRI Brasil Sustainable Cities, where he leads and provides technical guidance to a team of professionals working for the implementation of projects in Brazil under the EMBARQ Global Strategy. He also provides input to EMBARQ's...
- Director, Brazil, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable CitiesBrazil
- Director, Strategic Relations and DevelopmentBrazil
Rejane D. Fernandes is the Strategic Relations and Development Director of WRI Brasil Sustainable Cities. She works to achieve WRI Brasil Sustainable Cities' mission by developing key partnerships, disseminating sustainable transportation and urban development best practices and strengthening...
- Global Operations DirectorGlobal
Daniela (Dani) is the Global Operations Director for the WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities. She leads the operational strategy, planning processes and human resources within the global team in Washington-DC and provides guidance to the country offices in Mexico, Brazil, India, Turkey and...
According to the World Health Organization, 1.2 million people die every year in traffic crashes worldwide and 90 percent of deaths happen in low and middle-income countries. Almost half of these deaths are pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists. Road fatalities are expected to become the...
- projectNew mobility services have the potential to positively redefine urban mobility—if they can better meet the diverse needs of all residents.
Since launching its Mobility Plan in 2015, Joinville, in Santa Catarina, Brazil, has become a model city for urban planning.
On September 13th, WRI Brasil Sustainable Cities and the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP Brasil) released a
On August 20, 2016 the Junção Project, a low-income housing project in Rio Grande, Brazil signed contracts to begin
- projectAssisting local and national governments to develop a pipeline of feasible, bankable projects and strengthen regional networks.