More than 1.25 million people are killed on roads each year, the majority in developing countries, making traffic fatalities the tenth leading cause of death worldwide. Children, elderly and poor people are particularly vulnerable. Are drivers and pedestrians always to blame? Research from WRI...
- projectChanneling tech-based disruptions in urban transport to create joyful cities where sustainable and just mobility is the new normal
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (January 15, 2019) – The pace of technology-driven disruption in transportation is not only changing how people get around but changing cities themselves.
- Communications Manager, Coalition for Urban TransitionsGlobal
Freya is Communications Manager at the Coalition for Urban Transitions. She helps to publish research and communicate the Coalition's work to wider audiences.
Before joining the Coalition, Freya worked as a academic communications specialist at Imperial College London and the University...
Decisions made in cities today will determine whether humans succeed in creating a sustainable future. To refine our approach to this opportunity and challenge, this year, WRI Ross Center completed a new five-year strategy.
This report is a summary of our highlights from 2017-18,...
- Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO (September 12, 2018) — Floods and landslides are wreaking havoc on cities from Bangkok to Bangalore. Urban heat islands are exacerbating sweltering temperatures from Los Angeles to São Paulo.
- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectTransformative projects, igniting citywide change
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable