Geography: North America
- projectChanneling tech-based disruptions in urban transport to create joyful cities where sustainable and just mobility is the new normal
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (January 15, 2019) – The pace of technology-driven disruption in transportation is not only changing how people get around but changing cities themselves.
Decisions made in cities today will determine whether humans succeed in creating a sustainable future. To refine our approach to this opportunity and challenge, this year, WRI Ross Center completed a new five-year strategy.
This report is a summary of our highlights from 2017-18,...
- Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO (September 12, 2018) — Floods and landslides are wreaking havoc on cities from Bangkok to Bangalore. Urban heat islands are exacerbating sweltering temperatures from Los Angeles to São Paulo.
- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectTransformative projects, igniting citywide change
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable
- projectHow can we make zero-carbon buildings and districts achievable everywhere?
- projectNew mobility services have the potential to positively redefine urban mobility—if they can better meet the diverse needs of all residents.
The third session of the Preparatory Committee of the United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat III) in Surabaya, Indonesia in July was an opportunity for