- projectHow the flows of people and vehicles are managed dictates quality of life and access to opportunity for billions of people. And these flows are changing.
NAIROBI, KENYA (June 28, 2017) — Can we have cities that grow sustainably while providing opportunity for all? At a workshop in Nairobi, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities gathered stakeholders from across sub-Saharan Africa to help answer this question.
- projectAssisting local and national governments to develop a pipeline of feasible, bankable projects and strengthen regional networks.
Sustainable transportation solutions are key factors in ensuring that cities reduce congestion, avoid growth in greenhouse gas emissions and provide access to all the opportunities that cities have to offer. In countries where EMBARQ is currently working, cities are growing in a disconnected and...
Globally, buildings account for 40 percent of total energy consumption and 33 percent of all greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. In order to reduce energy consumption and combat climate change, the Net Zero Energy Building (NZEB) consor
- projectThe New Mobility Accelerator supports businesses transforming urban transport in India.
Given the widespread challenges of urbanization, mayors need to learn from one another and gain fresh ideas in order to pioneer projects that result in sustainable cities. To inspire city leaders worldwide, WRI Brasil Sustainable Cities is hosting the Mayors’
- projectAccelerating the implementation of sustainable urban solutions through new business models
Hear from over 80 experts about successful strategies and best practices for making innovative and sustainable urban solutions work on the ground.
- projectInteractive platform quantifies and visualizes river flood risks worldwide