Tags: private sector
- projectAccelerating private-sector innovation for sustainable urban development
- projectAccelerating the implementation of sustainable urban solutions through new business models
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (February 1, 2018)—Fifteen of the world’s leading transport and technology companies signed the Shared Mobility Principles for Livable Cities today, pledging to prioritize people over vehicles
Sustainable transportation solutions are key factors in ensuring that cities reduce congestion, avoid growth in greenhouse gas emissions and provide access to all the opportunities that cities have to offer. In countries where EMBARQ is currently working, cities are growing in a disconnected and...
- projectFlagship research series on achieving cities that work for all
- projectThe New Mobility Accelerator supports businesses transforming urban transport in India.
Transportation’s negative impact on the environment is increasing as the world’s population grows. In 2010, transport was responsible for 23 percent of total energy-related greenhouse gas emissions, and this figure is growing.
FedEx has been a valuable supporter of sustainable mobility...
- projectInnovative public-private collaboration speeds the development and implementation of building efficiency policies and practices
A hub for commercial activity, the Pinheiros River area is an important business district in São Paulo, Brazil.