In Istanbul on November 8, 2018, the İzmir Metropolitan Municipality received two honors from the 2018 Sign of the City Awards.
Tags: sustainable urban mobility
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable
- projectAccelerating the implementation of sustainable urban solutions through new business models
This case study in the World Resources Report, “Towards a More Equal City,” examines the processes of transformative change and the conditions both enabling and inhibiting it in Pune, the second largest city in Maharashtra state, India. Many initiatives...
An estimated 1.25 million people are killed and a staggering 50 million are injured in traffic collisions each year. Yet, road safety remains a remarkably low political priority in cities around the world. In many cases, road safety is seen to be in direct conflict with other priorities, such as...
- projectWRI China is supporting Beijing in the city’s implementation of an innovative low-emission zone to reduce air pollution and associated public health costs, among other effects.
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (February 1, 2018)—Fifteen of the world’s leading transport and technology companies signed the Shared Mobility Principles for Livable Cities today, pledging to prioritize people over vehicles
- projectNew mobility services have the potential to positively redefine urban mobility—if they can better meet the diverse needs of all residents.
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (October 17, 2017) — The pace of technology-driven innovation from the private sector in shared transportation services, vehicles and networks is rapid, accelerating and filled with opportunity, as well as risks.
- projectHow the flows of people and vehicles are managed dictates quality of life and access to opportunity for billions of people. And these flows are changing.