The latest working paper of WRI’s flagship World Resources Report, “Towards a More Equal City...
NAIROBI, KENYA (June 28, 2017) — Can we have cities that grow sustainably while providing opportunity for all? At a workshop in Nairobi, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities gathered stakeholders from across sub-Saharan Africa to help answer this question.
Cities are growing differently today than before. As much as 70 percent of people in emerging cities in Asia, Africa and Latin America is under-served. Furthermore, cities face challenges in four areas:
- Highest rates of urbanization are in sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast ...
On August 20, 2016 the Junção Project, a low-income housing project in Rio Grande, Brazil signed contracts to begin
- projectTransforming Cities for All
- projectSupporting the first city in India to legislate on transit-oriented development
China’s rapid urbanization has dramatically increased the need for public transit infrastructure in cities across the country.
- projectInteractive platform quantifies and visualizes river flood risks worldwide
- projectBuilding climate resilience at the rural-urban interface