The Cities We Need: Seven Equitable Urban Transformations
Timezones: 08:00 – 09:00 CRT / 09:00 – 10:00 EST / 11:00 – 12:00 BRT & ART
1.2 billion people - over one in three city dwellers - are currently underserved by core urban services, leaving them vulnerable to disease and health risks, economic crises, environmental hazards and natural disasters.
To build the cities we need, equity and sustainability must be placed at the forefront of every planning decision. Join UrbanShift on March 10, 2022, as we examine the findings of the World Resources Report, Towards a More Equal City, which describes seven transformations that can improve access to core urban services and create enduring change in cities worldwide.
In this interactive webinar, we will focus on two urban transformations, financing and subsidies, while the third topic of discussion will be decided by an audience vote. Experts from the WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities will provide insights on these transformations and a former city official from Bogotá, Colombia will share their experiences in municipal finance and offer practical recommendations that can be adopted in other cities.
- Rogier van den Berg, Acting Global Director, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Dr. Anjali Mahendra, Director of Global Research, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Dr. Robin King, Director of Knowledge Capture & Collaboration, WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
- Dr. Carmenza Saldias Barreneche, Colombian municipal finance and urban planning expert
This webinar will be offered in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Transforming cities for people and planet through sustainable, integrated and inclusive approaches to urban development