LEDS GP Transport Webinar: Fuels and Technologies to Mitigate Emissions
Date: Tuesday, November 10th
Time: 9:30 AM PHT (Manila)
To check the change of time zone according to your location, click here.
To register, click here.
Erin Cooper, the presenter, will discuss the role of different strategies to reduce emissions from the transport sector. The presenter will focus on different types of fuels and relevant technologies and how they can be applied in specific situations. The webinar will conclude with a discussion on the benefits and potential tradeoffs of utilizing these technologies and fuels.
Erin Cooper is an Associate with WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities’ Integrated Transport team where she focuses on transport, urban development, and fuels projects.
- Purpose of improved fuel and emissions standards (brief):
- Air Quality and reducing CO2 emissions
- Lead and Sulphur campaigns
- Emissions standards
- Major pollutants that are regulated
- Show how standards have evolved over time
- Vehicle technologies for reducing emissions:
- After-treatment technologies
- Why cleaner fuel is needed to reduce emissions
- Discussion on the benefits and potential tradeoffs of utilizing the technologies/fuels
This is the first webinar in a series entitled, “Supporting countries with implementing new vehicle emission fuel quality standards,” that is brought to you by the LEDS Transport Working Group, in partnership with the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and Clean Air Asia. The series will include*:
- Improving air quality and reducing climate impacts from the transport sector
- Roadmap for implementing new fuel economy standards: Case of Mexico
- Case study presentation: Introduction of Euro IV fuel in Indian cities
- Innovative financing solutions for low carbon transport projects to improve air quality
*Topics may be subject to change .
- Convening governments and international organizations to support low emissions growth and mitigate climate change