Vanguard Cities on Nature-Based Solutions: Three Regional Panels
Despite the powerful case for working with nature to reduce climate risks, the world has barely realized the potential of nature-based solutions (NbS). However, a few countries and cities are already incorporating nature-based solutions into their long-term strategies. These three regional events, held during the Climate Adaptation Summit, will bring together leaders of cities at the frontlines of climate change and showcase how they’re using nature-based solutions for adaptation.
The events will inspire action by demonstrating the value of NbS and their application in vanguard cities. Vanguard cities are committing to scaled action on NbS for adaptation that benefits the majority of their population by 2030 — their political, cultural, and economic power can inspire greater action from other cities, national governments, companies, and financial institutions.
Each event will be a 60-minute panel discussion. These events are hosted by World Resources Institute with support from the governments of Canada and Mexico and in partnership with UN Environment Programme and the Global Environment Facility.
Please register at the link above to watch your desired session at the below times.
- Americas: Monday, 25 January, 8:30–9:30 pm CET
- Asia/Pacific: Tuesday, January 26, 5:30–6:30 am CET
- Africa and Europe: Tuesday, January 26, 8:00–9:00 am CET
- Keith Mitchell, Prime Minister of Grenada and Commissioner for the Global Commission on Adaptation
- Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum, Attorney General and Minister for Economy, Civil Service and Communications, Fiji, and Commissioner for the Global Commission on Adaptation
Africa and Europe
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of the Environment Agency, UK, and Commissioner for the Global Commission on Adaptation