WASHINGTON, DC (December 12, 2018) — From an extensive field of nearly 200 applications from around
- Press Release
This case study in the World Resources Report, “Towards a More Equal City,” examines transformative urban change in Kampala, Uganda, by following its sanitation reforms. The research follows the political process that created favorable conditions for the...
- Program Manger, WRI AfricaGlobal
Elleni Ashebir is the Program Manager for cities and urban mobility in Addis Ababa, as WRI continues to develop its cities program in Africa. She is working to forge partnerships with city and federal governments and key partners in Ethiopia, to build the program.
She has rich...
Decisions made in cities today will determine whether humans succeed in creating a sustainable future. To refine our approach to this opportunity and challenge, this year, WRI Ross Center completed a new five-year strategy.
This report is a summary of our highlights from 2017-18,...
- Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO (September 12, 2018) — Floods and landslides are wreaking havoc on cities from Bangkok to Bangalore. Urban heat islands are exacerbating sweltering temperatures from Los Angeles to São Paulo.
- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectTransformative projects, igniting citywide change
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable
- projectRaising ambition to decarbonize the building sector everywhere
This case study in the World Resources Report, “Towards a More Equal City,” examines transformative urban change in Ahmedabad, India, by analyzing the city’s land pooling and readjustment mechanism, called the Town Planning Scheme (TPS). This paper reviews...