- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectRaising ambition to decarbonize the building sector everywhere
BEIJING (April 13, 2018) – In 2015, more than half of the Chinese population was exposed to unhealthy air, and around
- projectWRI China is supporting Beijing in the city’s implementation of an innovative low-emission zone to reduce air pollution and associated public health costs, among other effects.
A historic shift to urban centers has brought opportunity and prosperity to billions—but also daunting challenges. Crippling traffic congestion, worsening air pollution and an ever-growing demand for reliable mobility services plague many cities, with direct consequences for people, from...
- projectNew mobility services have the potential to positively redefine urban mobility—if they can better meet the diverse needs of all residents.
As the recent white paper on China’s transport for the 13th Five-Year Plan period (2016–2020) states, China must set higher standards for the transport development to “realize the Chinese Dream of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation” (State Council Information Office 2016). In this...
On October 24 and 25, Beijing, China hosted the third World Metropolitan Transport Development Forum, which centered on urban transit integration, sustainability and innovation in cities.
- projectBuilding the foundations of our work with cities
Sustainable transportation solutions are key factors in ensuring that cities reduce congestion, avoid growth in greenhouse gas emissions and provide access to all the opportunities that cities have to offer. In countries where EMBARQ is currently working, cities are growing in a disconnected and...