- projectWorking together with the common goal to improve quality of life through sustainable transport and mobility solutions
Beijing’s subway system, one of the longest in the world, is confronted by excessive congestion and costly government subsidies. In a controversial move, the city government has decided to increase the standard subway fare, currently fixed at 2 Yuan (USD $0.33) per trip.
- projectDeveloping strategies to motorize and urbanize on a sustainable path
- projectImproving user experience and quality of service of public transport systems
- projectMobility strategies to accommodate rapid urban growth
- Research Associate, WRI ChinaChina
Lulu is a research associate in the WRI China office, where she supports sustainable transport efforts in Qingdao and Chengdu. Lulu previously worked in the public and private sectors in both developing and developed countries, involving regional travel demand modeling, transit-oriented...
- Senior Manager for Global Projects & InitiativesGlobal
Larissa leads Global Projects & Initiatives for WRI Ross Centre for Sustainable Cities, where she responsible for project oversight and management of large-scale, multi-sectoral and multi-country projects, as well as stewarding relationships with some of the Center's most strategic donors....
January 16-17, 2014 // Transforming Transportation 2014, co-organized by EMBARQ and the World Bank, Washington, D.C. Karla Gonzalez, World Bank, presented key road safety facts.