More than 1.25 million people are killed on roads each year, the majority in developing countries, making traffic fatalities the tenth leading cause of death worldwide. Children, elderly and poor people are particularly vulnerable. Are drivers and pedestrians always to blame? Research from WRI...
This report not only highlights progress over the past year but celebrates the achievements and impact of WRI Ross Center over the last five years. Our journey, which began with a focus on mobility, has progressed to include holistic solutions on urban planning and development, energy efficiency...
- projectChanneling tech-based disruptions in urban transport to create joyful cities where sustainable and just mobility is the new normal
- Press Release
WASHINGTON, DC (January 15, 2019) – The pace of technology-driven disruption in transportation is not only changing how people get around but changing cities themselves.
- Communications Manager, Coalition for Urban TransitionsGlobal
Freya is Communications Manager at the Coalition for Urban Transitions. She helps to publish research and communicate the Coalition's work to wider audiences.
Before joining the Coalition, Freya worked as a academic communications specialist at Imperial College London and the University...
- Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO (September 12, 2018) — Floods and landslides are wreaking havoc on cities from Bangkok to Bangalore. Urban heat islands are exacerbating sweltering temperatures from Los Angeles to São Paulo.
- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectTransformative projects, igniting citywide change
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable