- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectRaising ambition to decarbonize the building sector everywhere
- Manager of Water Management and Urban Resilience, WRI MéxicoMexico
A small but growing number of cities are adopting more inclusive approaches to informal workers and this offers important lessons for cities that seek a more equal, productive and environmentally sustainable future.
Informal workers account for 50 to 80 percent of urban employment and...
A historic shift to urban centers has brought opportunity and prosperity to billions—but also daunting challenges. Crippling traffic congestion, worsening air pollution and an ever-growing demand for reliable mobility services plague many cities, with direct consequences for people, from...
- projectNew mobility services have the potential to positively redefine urban mobility—if they can better meet the diverse needs of all residents.
On October 10-12, WRI México hosted the XII International Congress on Cities and Transport in Mexico City.
- projectAssisting local and national governments to develop a pipeline of feasible, bankable projects and strengthen regional networks.