As Turkey rapidly grows more urban and citizens are faced with the choice between private cars and sustainable transport, the need for infrastructure that supports active or non-motorized transport has never been greater.
EMBARQ Turkey has worked to improve cycling infrastructure and cycling conditions in Turkey since 2010.
- Director, WRI Türkiye Sustainable CitiesTurkey
Güneş Cansız is the Director of WRI Türkiye Sustainable Cities where she leads to a team of professionals working for the implementation projects in Turkey.
Prior to joining WRI, she has managed projects inside and outside Turkey funded by the Open Society Foundation, Texas Civil...
- Senior Manager, Sustainable Urban Development, WRI Türkiye Sustainable CitiesTurkey
Cigdem Cörek Öztaş is the Urban Development and Accessibility Manager at WRI Türkiye Sustainable Cities and joined in October 2013. Previously, she worked as a project assistant on a TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Türkiye) project called, "Industrial Clusters in...
- Urban Mobility Manager, WRI Türkiye Sustainable CitiesTurkey
Merve Akı is Urban Mobility Manager at WRI Türkiye Sustainable Cities. She works to improve public space and public life in Istanbul.
Previously, Merve worked as a researcher at Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University on a project entitled “Urban Regeneration Processes and their Socio-Economic...
- Senior Manager, Transport & Road Safety, WRI Türkiye Sustainable CitiesTurkey
With WRI Türkiye since 2013, Tolga İmamoğlu is responsible from the management of transport and road safety related projects, inspection and audit of bike lanes and BRT corridors, technical advisory for the BRT and bike lane project implementations, integration and accessibility studies for the...
- projectIntegrating sustainability and transport planning at the campus level
- projectImproving safety conditions along Istanbul's flagship bus rapid transit corridor
- projectBikeLab projects expand cycling infrastructure and improve safety in Turkish cities