Webinar held on September 1st 2015 at the ICLEI World Secretariat. Bonn, Germany
Facilitator: Maryke van Staden, Low Carbon Cities Program Manager and Director of the carbonn Center
Co-Host: Lily Riahi, Advisor on Sustainable Energy in Cities, Energy, Climate and Technology Branch, UNEP
This webinar addresses the key linkages between building efficiency and district energy planning and focus on resulting opportunities for developing sustainable, low carbon and resilient cities.
ICLEI members, local governments and partners of the the United Nation’s Sustainable Energy for All Initiative (SE4ALL), are warmly invited to learn about the Building Efficiency Accelerator (BEA) and the Global District Energy in Cities Initiative (DES Initiative), the actions of current partner cities, and explore the potential benefits of their own involvement in two SE4ALL Accelerators.
This webinar, is brought to you by ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, World Resources Institute (WRI) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), under the United Nation’s Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL) Initiative.
1. Welcome and Introduction of SE4ALL Energy Efficiency Accelerators
- Maryke van Staden, Low Carbon Cities Program Manager, ICLEI World Secretariat
- Lily Riahi, Advisor on Sustainable Energy in Cities, Energy, Climate and Technology Branch, UNEP
2. The building efficiency and district energy relationship and opportunities for action in cities: Building Energy Accelerator and District Energy in Cities
- Ingo Wagner Ingo Wagner, Policy and Project Officer, Euroheat and Power
3. Warsaw’s building efficiency and district energy activities
- Leszek Drogosz, Director of Infrastructure Department, City of Warsaw, Poland
- Marcin Wróblewski, Infrastructure Department, City of Warsaw, Poland
4. Dubai’s building efficiency and district energy activities
- Samer Khoudeir, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Empower
5. Summary & call to action (5 minutes) Maryke van Staden, ICLEI
6. Questions & answers