ADVISORY: New Global Partnership to Focus on Solutions to the World’s Top Health and Climate Threat: Air Pollution
Nine out of 10 people are exposed to polluted air, according to the World Health Organization. Cities in the developing world are at the frontlines of this health and climate crisis.
With the Biden Administration promising more action on climate change and other international development challenges, a new flagship program is being launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development and a global consortium of organizations. Led by World Resources Institute and Environmental Defense Fund, the partnership will start work in two pilot cities — Indore, India, and Jakarta, Indonesia — to collaborate with local partners to identify the root causes of air pollution and accelerate clean air solutions.
On March 18th at 9:30am EDT, journalists are invited to a virtual event launching the Clean Air Catalyst with keynote speakers Senator Robert Menendez, Chair of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Karl Fickenscher, Acting Assistant Administrator of the Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (DDI).
Join us for a conversation on Accelerating Clean Air Solutions to Deliver Better Health, Climate and Development Outcomes. Media can RSVP by:
- Emailing Beth.Elliott@wri.org and
- Registering for the event at cleanaircatalyst.org.
Speakers will include:
- Senator Robert Menendez, Chair, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Karl Fickenscher, Acting Assistant Administrator of the Bureau for Development, Democracy and Innovation (DDI), U.S. Agency for International Development
- Jessica Seddon, Global Lead for Air Quality, World Resources Institute
- Sarah Vogel, Vice President, Health, Environmental Defense Fund
- Asad Warsi, Sustainability Advisor, Indore Municipal Corporation, India
- Rebecca Garland, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa
- Yulia, Policy Manager, Governor’s Delivery Unit, Jakarta City Government
The Clean Air Catalyst is a new flagship program of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and a global consortium of organizations led by World Resources Institute and Environmental Defense Fund, focused on accelerating clean air solutions in low- and middle-income countries.
Additional Clean Air Catalyst partners include Columbia University Clean Air Toolbox for Cities, MAP-AQ, OpenAQ, Climate and Clean Air Coalition, Internews Network, Vital Strategies and many local organizations.
Learn more at cleanaircatalyst.org.