Tags: air quality
- projectWorking with government, businesses and communities to study and implement zero-emission freight and other zones in cities.
- projectCombining local data with global scientific products and models to develop city-scale air quality analytics
Everybody deserves the right to breathe clean air.
Nine out of 10 people are exposed to polluted air, according to the World Health Organization. Cities in the developing world are at the frontlines of this health and climate crisis.
- projectCleaner air for healthier communities and normalizing electric mobility for an entire generation
- projectA global partnership for accelerating clean air solutions
As factories and offices shut down and people stayed at home in response to COVID-19 and lockdowns, air pollution dropped around the world.
- Press Release
LEIPZIG, Germany (May 21, 2019) — The adoption of electric buses, mainly by municipal governments, has accelerated in recent years, increasing more than 80-fold between 2011 and 2017. But cities still have a long way to go.
- projectChanneling tech-based disruptions in urban transport to create joyful cities where sustainable and just mobility is the new normal
This report outlines the progress and prospects of Beijing’s low-emission zone and congestion charging policies, which have been under development since 2014 with the assistance of WRI China.
Beijing’s implementation in September 2017 of a low-emission zone (LEZ),...