Tags: air quality
- projectCleaner air for healthier communities and normalizing electric mobility for an entire generation
- projectA global partnership for accelerating clean air solutions
As factories and offices shut down and people stayed at home in response to COVID-19 and lockdowns, air pollution dropped around the world.
- Press Release
LEIPZIG, Germany (May 21, 2019) — The adoption of electric buses, mainly by municipal governments, has accelerated in recent years, increasing more than 80-fold between 2011 and 2017. But cities still have a long way to go.
- projectChanneling tech-based disruptions in urban transport to create joyful cities where sustainable and just mobility is the new normal
This report outlines the progress and prospects of Beijing’s low-emission zone and congestion charging policies, which have been under development since 2014 with the assistance of WRI China.
Beijing’s implementation in September 2017 of a low-emission zone (LEZ),...
- projectAccelerating the implementation of sustainable urban solutions through new business models
BEIJING (April 13, 2018) – In 2015, more than half of the Chinese population was exposed to unhealthy air, and around
- projectWRI China is supporting Beijing in the city’s implementation of an innovative low-emission zone to reduce air pollution and associated public health costs, among other effects.
- projectAssisting local and national governments to develop a pipeline of feasible, bankable projects and strengthen regional networks.