The Costs and Emissions Appraisal Tool for Transit Buses (“the Tool”) is intended to help bus operators and transit agencies make informed decisions about alternative bus types during the preliminary analysis phase and to help them determine whether the transition to a “clean fleet” is...
Tags: greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
This report outlines the progress and prospects of Beijing’s low-emission zone and congestion charging policies, which have been under development since 2014 with the assistance of WRI China.
Beijing’s implementation in September 2017 of a low-emission zone (LEZ),...
- Press Release
SAN FRANCISCO (September 12, 2018) — Floods and landslides are wreaking havoc on cities from Bangkok to Bangalore. Urban heat islands are exacerbating sweltering temperatures from Los Angeles to São Paulo.
- projectHelping cities protect and integrate forests to combat climate change, preserve watersheds and biodiversity, and improve human well-being
- projectA global collaboration to support national governments to address pressing economic, inequality and climate challenges by making their cities livable and sustainable
- projectAccelerating the implementation of sustainable urban solutions through new business models
- projectWRI China is supporting Beijing in the city’s implementation of an innovative low-emission zone to reduce air pollution and associated public health costs, among other effects.
This paper examines seven global transport initiatives to reduce emissions. The initiatives are among fifteen presented as part of the Paris Process on Mobility and Climate and the Lima-Paris Action Agenda—both platforms for mobilizing non-state actors under the auspices of the UN Framework...
- projectAssisting local and national governments to develop a pipeline of feasible, bankable projects and strengthen regional networks.
- projectBuilding the foundations of our work with cities