Tags: public transport
- projectWorking directly with mid-sized Colombian cities to provide technical assistance around procurement, financing, operations, social inclusion and more.
- projectThis international coalition assists 20 cities in creating world-leading electric bus fleets and scaling e-bus adoption to hundreds more through city-to-city mentorship.
- projectA collaborative digital commons supporting urban mobility projects in Africa through open standardized data, open-source software and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
Three new researchers have been awarded the prestigious Lee Schipper Memorial Scholarship for Sustainable Transport and Energy Efficiency for transformative research proposals that challenge conventional wisdom.
- Press Release
WASHINGTON (October 19, 2021)—A new report from WRI finds that 1 in 3 city dwellers globally and 2 in 3 city dwellers in low-income countries are “under-served” — lacking access to one or more core urban services like affordable running water and sanitation, cons
- projectTransforming cities for people and planet through sustainable, integrated and inclusive approaches to urban development
The pandemic and resulting economic fallout have upended mobility. This report, with the Transport Decarbonisation Alliance (TDA), evaluates how countries, cities, and companies have allocated funds, directed policies, or launched actions that impact the transport sector. It provides evidence of...
WASHINGTON, DC (February 3 - 2021) – The World Bank and WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities invite the press to attend this year's all-virtual Transforming Transportation, one of the largest global events dedicated entirely to sustainable transport and development.
- projectSystematic, continuous improvement and a focus on quality are key to avoid losing public transit customers to less efficient modes.
The Costs and Benefits Appraisal Tool for Transit Buses (“the Tool”) is an updated version of the Costs and Emissions Appraisal Tool for Transit Buses. It aims to inform bus operators and city officials of the costs, emissions, and social benefits associated with bus fleets using different fuel...