Addis Ababa (June 14, 2022) – Today the Digital Transport for Africa (DT4A) initiative, led by WRI and partners and funded by the French Development Agency (AFD), selected four winners of the first-ever
Tags: public transport
- Press Release
- projectImproving access to and efficiency of metro rail in India through better integration with other transport networks.
- projectSupporting the decarbonization of transport in Mexico by planning for EV charging infrastructure and BRT electrification
WASHINGTON, DC (February 16, 2022) – The World Bank and WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities invite the press to attend this year's all-virtual Transforming Transportation, one of the largest global events dedicated entirely to sustainable transport and development.
- projectWorking directly with mid-sized Colombian cities to provide technical assistance around procurement, financing, operations, social inclusion and more.
- projectThis international coalition assists 20 cities in creating world-leading electric bus fleets and scaling e-bus adoption to hundreds more through city-to-city mentorship.
- projectA collaborative digital commons supporting urban mobility projects in Africa through open standardized data, open-source software and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
Three new researchers have been awarded the prestigious Lee Schipper Memorial Scholarship for Sustainable Transport and Energy Efficiency for transformative research proposals that challenge conventional wisdom.
- Press Release
WASHINGTON (October 19, 2021)—A new report from WRI finds that 1 in 3 city dwellers globally and 2 in 3 city dwellers in low-income countries are “under-served” — lacking access to one or more core urban services like affordable running water and sanitation, cons
- projectTransforming cities for people and planet through sustainable, integrated and inclusive approaches to urban development